As a reminder, all funds on 2020 Healthy Foods Cards will expire 12/31/2020. Below are helpful facts to help guide any conversations you may have with your clients regarding their HFC benefit:
- Any unused funds that remain on HFC’s will be forfeited by members if not used by 12/31/2020 – no funds will roll over to 2021.
- All card balances must be used in the plan year the member was eligible for the plan benefit and do not roll over to next plan year. Unused funds expire 12/31/2020.
- Due to COVID-19 impacts during 2020, Humana rolled over unused funds each month March through December. This was a direct response to pandemic impacts and supported our HFC members by allowing them more time to use their allowance without losing it. This WILL NOT continue in 2021.
- Any request for a replacement card will be honored through 12/11/2020, but the funds must be used by 12/31/2020.
- The last date HFC’s will be mailed to 12/1/2020 effectives will be 12/03/2020. Members must use funds by 12/31/2020.
- Current HFC vendor partnership will end at the end of this month and all cards will be closed and no longer work as of 12/31/2020.
- Eligible members will receive their new cards before 12/31/2020
Keep an eye out for the 2021 Healthy Foods Card Toolkit filled with information on new HFC features, usage and processes.